Enjoy one of the most comprehensive and detailed tour of the precious interiors of St.Mark’s Basilica.
20 participants maximum
Thanks to the skip-the-line service you’ll get fast-track access and start your visit without queueing in long lines. Led by an expert and professional guide, you will learn about the priceless treasures of the so-called ’golden basilica’, that owes this reference to the predominant color of its precious mosaics.
Through this captivating tour you’ll have the chance to discover the precious interiors of St.Mark’s Basilica with one of the most complete and alluring guided visits of this must see sight in Venice.
St. Mark’s Cathedral, located at the eastern end of St. Mark’s Square, is the most famous church in Venice and one of the best known examples of Italo-Byzantine architecture. It is referred to as the ‘golden basilica’ for the predominant golden color of its mosaics.
Your knowledgeable guide will lead you to discover rich and sophisticated architectures, the valuable remains of St. Mark, the major altar of St. Mark’s Cathedral and the Golden Pall, considered one of the most valuable objects in the world, due to the preciousness of its materials.
After around one hour, you’ll finally come across St. Mark’s Treasure. Located in two rooms inside a tower, it consists of 283 pieces, including Byzantine and Islamic art objects , brought to Venice after the plundering of Constantinople. The two rooms preserve a collection of old and precious relics: in the right hand side room you can admire marvellous liturgical objects, mainly of Byzantine origins, while in the left side room the guide will highlight the importance of St. Mark’s Cathedral relics, both from an artistic and religious point of view.
Don’t miss the opportunity to understand and appreciate all the major treasures of St. Mark Basilica thanks to this complete and detailed tour.
Departure time & day
From Monday to Saturday
• From November 1st 2015 to March 31st 2016: 11.45 am
• From April 1st to October 31st 2016: 12.30pm
• From November 1st 2015 to March 31st 2016:
BILINGUAL TOUR (explanations will be provided in two languages if audience provenience is mixed)
English: from Monday to Saturday
Spanish: Wednesday, Saturday
French: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
German: Monday, Friday
• From April 1st to October 31st 2016:
English: from Monday to Saturday
Spanish: from Monday to Saturday
French: from Monday to Saturday
German: from Monday to Saturday
• Please arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the tour departure time.
• At the tour departure point you will meet a representative who will check your vouchers and give you information to do the tour.
• During the winter period (from November 1st to March 31st) the tour is BILINGUAL, because explanations will be provided in two languages if the audience provenience is mixed.
• Access to the Basilica is only permitted to visitors with suitable attire (no shorts or vest or tops) and backpacks are not allowed for safety reasons.
• The Procuratoria di San Marco reserves the right to PROHIBIT VISITS and access to the basilica at any time and without notice for reasons of force majeure (e.g. high water) and/or safety reasons
• In cases of extra liturgical ceremonies, exceptional high tides or other special occasions, access to St Mark’s Basilica may not be permitted and therefore the tour will not take place.
• No credit or refunds will be given in the case of a no show (if you don’t show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on your voucher)
• This is a collective tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you.
• Please note that, due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistic problems resulting from it, we cannot guarantee that the whole tour is accessible to people with limited mobility. This means that people with walking difficulties and wheelchair users could not be able to access some parts of the itinerary.
The tour includes:
Skip the line entrance to St Mark’s Basilica
Entry to Treasure of St. Mark’s Cathedral
The tour does not include:
What is not specified under "Inclusions"
Photos of this tour
Tour meeting point
‘Yex’ Change Office - Under the Clock Tower in St. Mark’s Square