Skip the line at the Doge’s Palace and discover the centre of the political power of the Venice Republic, when it was at its golden age.
20 participants maximum
You will admire masterpieces of famous artists, such as Titian, Veronese and Tintoretto, as well as richly decorated rooms, sumptuous sculptures and decorative elements on this one-hour tour. Led by a local professional guide, you will also cross the famous Bridge of Sighs and visit the terrible dungeons where the famous Giacomo Casanova was imprisoned. This tour will let you immerse in the fascinating history of Venice.
Start your tour inside the Doge’s Palace in the best possible way without queuing at the entrance. Your expert and professional guide will introduce you to the palace, making you feel immersed in the history of the Republic of Venice.
The palace, built in Venetian Gothic style, was the dwelling of the Doge, the supreme authority of the Venice Republic. This exclusive tour will take you back in time, walking through the most important places of the history of Venice, and thus providing you with a true perception of what was the golden age of the Republic of Venice.
You’ll visit the lavish Doge’s Apartments with their magnificent decorated rooms, the spacious enclosed courtyards and also the Doge’s Palace terrible dungeons. Moreover, your knowledgeable guide will introduce you to the masterpieces of famous artists, such as Titian, Veronese and Tintoretto while going through this sumptuous palace.
You’ll admire the Opera Museum, whose ancient capitals provide a sort of allegorical speech engraved on the stone and mix the sacred and the profane, history and legend, astronomy and astrology.
Then you’ll visit the ancient entrance of the Doge’s Palace, the Giants’ Staircase with the two statues of Mars and Neptune, the Lodge Atrium, the famous Golden Staircase with the marble statues of Atlas and Hercules, and the Institutional Chambers.
In the last part of the tour you’ll cross the famous Bridge of Sighs, that connects the Doge’s Palace to the prisons. The bridge was built in 1614 and its nickname refers sadly to the convicts who exhaled their last breath in freedom, before reaching the prisons of Venice.
This tour offers you a unique journey and covers all the treasures of the ancient and majestic Doge’s Palace.
Departure Days & Time
• From November 1st 2015 to March 31st 2016: 10.30 am
• From April 1st to October 31st 2016: 11.15 am, 2.15 pm (only in English)
• From November 1st 2015 to March 31st 2016:
BILINGUAL TOUR (explanations will be provided in two languages if audience provenience is mixed)
Spanish: Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday
French: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
German: Monday, Friday
• From April 1st to October 31st 2016:
• Please arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the tour departure time.
• At the tour departure point you will meet a representative who will check your vouchers and give you information to do the tour.
• During the winter period (from November 1st to March 31st) the tour is BILINGUAL: explanations will be provided in two languages if audience provenience is mixed.
• No credit or refunds will be given in the case of a no show (if you don’t show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on your voucher)
• This is a collective tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you.
• Please note that, due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistic problems resulting from it, we cannot guarantee that the whole tour is accessible to people with limited mobility. This means that people with walking difficulties and wheelchair users could not be able to access some parts of the itinerary.
The tour includes:
Skip the line entry to the Doge’s Palace
The tour does not include:
What is not specified under "Inclusions"
Photos of this tour
Tour meeting point
• From November 1st 2015 to October 31st 2016: Yex’ Change Office - Under the Clock Tower in St. Mark’s Square