Sights in Rome: ROLL ON THE HILLS OF ANCIENT ROME WITH IT’S FAMOUS SITES AND HIDDEN CORNERS.
6 participants maximum
Sights in Rome Tour Highlights
• See the sights of Ancient Rome, like the Roman Forum and Circus Maximus.
• Visit an ancient marble ‘face’, and find out why it’s called the Mouth of Truth.
• Admire sights of the Roman Forum from Capitoline Hill.
• Stop for photos in front of the Colosseum and hear tales of its gruesome gladiator battles.
• Stop at a scenic vantage point to enjoy picture-perfect views over the city.
• Visit magnificent monuments like the Arch of Constantine and Trajan’s Column.
What You Can Expect
• 3-hour Rome segway tour with an expert local guide and audio commentary.
• Small-group tour with a maximum of 8 people ensures personalized attention from your guide.
• Half an hour Segway training before the tour.
• Great Photo opportunities.
• Lots of info about past and present Rome.
• A Perfect Segway Experience that will leave you with a Segway Smile.
Sites We Visit
Colosseum • Circus Maximus • Arch of Constantine • Avventine Hill • Michelangelo’s Campidolio square • Mouth of Truth • Capitol Hill • Knights of Malta keyhole • Emporer Trajan forum and Column • Spectacular View of the Roman forum • Great Palace on the Palatine hill • Arch of Janus • Vestal Tempel • Panoramic view of Rome at the orange tree garden • Much More…
Tour Overview – Ancient Rome Segway Tour
Travel effortlessly up and down the Seven Hills of Rome and see the capital of the Roman Emperors, the centre of the Western world for centuries. Rome was not built in a day but you can see its glory in just a few hours. Ancient Rome will take shape before your eyes as your Segway brings you up and down the city’s famous hills. An orientation session before the tour begins and your tour guide will make sure you know all about riding a Segway. You will not miss a thing on your journey. Look out for the Palatine Hill, while our tour guide explains where legend says Romulus and Remus founded Rome and imagine how hills and fields turned into the Eternal City. You will pass by the incredible Circus Maximus on your way to the Aventine Hill and the Orange Grove. Following this, you will glide down to view the Ancient church of Santa Maria of Cosmedin where the remains of San Valentino (Valentine’s day) are kept. This church is most famous for holding the big marble mask legend of the Mouth of Truth, the ancient ‘lie detector’ where people accused of lies, put their hand when if lied again the mouth would shut! And yet before long we will arrive to the imposing Capitoline Hill which is the most important Imperial Roman hill and other major structures that were redesigned by Michelangelo. Finally, we will dive between the Imperial Roman Forums and glide beneath one of the world’s most impressive sights – the Colosseum.
Morning: 9:30 am-1 pm
Afternoon: 2:30 pm-6 pm
Free Half Hour training before tour
Every day except: 25 Dec , 31 Dec , 01 Jan , 4 Jun
• Segways are appropriate for most people aged between 16 years and 70 years.
• Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance.
• Please bring proof of identification with your confirmation voucher.
• Segways are not suitable for guests who weigh under 100 pounds (45 kilos) or over 250 pounds (113 kilos).
• It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes. Please do not carry large bags whilst on the Segway.
• Not recommended for pregnant women.
The tour includes:
30-min orientation and training session
Photos of this tour
Tour meeting point
Via del Cardello, 31, 00184 Roma, Italia