Enjoy a half-day cruise to Murano, Burano and Torcello to get an overview of the Venetian Lagoon Islands without taking too much time away from visiting Venice.
20 participants maximum
The most famous of the Venetian islands, they are known throughout the world for their picturesque scenery, ancient traditions, original handicrafts and fascinating history.
Take a half-day cruise to the most famous Venetian islands, known throughout the world for their picturesque scenery, craft traditions and unique history. Reach the embarkation point at a few minutes’ walk from St Mark’s Square and experience an enjoyable trip across Saint Mark’s Basin, towards the Lido, and then back along the north coastline of the city.
Your first stop will be the island of Murano. Sometimes referred to as the “Island of the Glass,” you will visit one of its famous glass factories and see the glass being manufactured and blown.
Continue to Burano, admiring the natural environment and the minor islands spread all around you. Your tour leader will point out sights and explain the history and significance of the islands. Enjoy some free time in Burano, a typical fishing island with colorful contrasts and chocolate-box painted houses. Look out, too, for much evidence of its renowned lace making and embroidery industry.
Try some of Burano’s notable homemade cakes before heading to Torcello, the most ancient of the inhabited islands. Visit the Byzantine Cathedral, and see the magnificent mosaics that represent The Last Judgment.
Departure time & day
• From November 1st 2015 to February 29th 2016: 2.00 pm
• From March 1st to October 31st 2016: 9.30 am, 2.30 pm
• Please arrive at the meeting point at least 20 minutes before the tour departure time.
• The tour is not suitable for wheelchair users. There is a short walk from the meeting point to the point of embarkation.
• The stop in Murano (approx. 40 min.) allows you an optional visit to a glass factory with a short demonstration of the art of blown glass, and also some free time. During the stop in Burano (approx. 35 min.) you can visit a store of laces, or you can enjoy of some free time. The stop in Torcello (approx. 45 min.) is completely at your disposal. If the optional visits in the program are not undertaken, you are strongly required to comply with the timetable set out by the staff: the excursion will head back at the scheduled time, without waiting.
• No credit or refunds will be given in case you do not show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on your voucher.
• This is a collective tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you.
• Multilingual tour.
The tour includes:
Boat transport to and from the islands
The tour does not include:
What is not specified under "Inclusions"
Photos of this tour
Tour meeting point
Yellow desk located on the Riva degli Schiavoni, at the feet of the Ponte della Paglia at the corner with Calle degli Albanesi.