Experience Venice from the water and discover its majestic Byzantine cathedral on St. Mark’s Square: enjoy Venice on an extraordinary combined tour!
20 participants maximum
Look at the reflections of romantic bridges and old palaces in the Venetian canals on a 30-minute gondola ride, then skip the long lines to discover the golden interior of St. Mark’s Basilica.
Admire the reflections of sunlight on the canals of Venice before discovering the gilded interior of St. Mark’s Basilica… Thanks to this combined tour of 2 of its best attractions, you will experience Venice from the land and water!
First, take a gondola ride along the picturesque canals of the historic center. Look at the reflections of ancient palaces and romantic bridges and see some of the city’s most important buildings en route to St. Mark’s Square…
Then, skip the long lines to access St. Mark’s Basilica and enjoy a complete guided visit of this Byzantine masterpiece! Learn the history of its precious interior, admire the golden mosaics and marvel at the Pala d’Oro (Golden Pall), one of the most renowned works of Byzantine craftsmanship. Finally, visit the Treasury of St. Mark’s and appreciate its collection of medieval objects and examples of Byzantine jewelry.
Departure Time & Days
From Monday to Saturday
• From November 1st 2015 to March 31st 2016: 10.45 am
• From April 1st to October 31st 2016: 11.30 am
Only for the guided visit of St. Mark’s Basilica. The gondola tour does not provide explanations
• From November 1st 2015 to March 31st 2016
BILINGUAL TOUR (explanations during the guided visit are provided in two languages if the audience provenience is mixed)
English: from Monday to Saturday
Spanish: Wednesday, Saturday
French: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
German: Monday, Friday
• From April 1st to October 31st 2016:
English: from Monday to Saturday
Spanish: from Monday to Saturday
French: from Monday to Saturday
German: from Monday to Saturday
• Please arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the tour departure time.
• At the tour departure point you will meet a representative who will check your vouchers and give you information to do the tour.
• During the winter period (from November 1st to March 31st) the Basilica guided tour is BILINGUAL, so explanations will be provided in two languages if the audience provenience is mixed.
• No credit or refunds will be given in the case of a no show (if you don’t show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on your voucher)
• This is a collective tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you.
• In cases of religious ceremonies, exceptionally high tides or other special occasions, access to St Mark’s Basilica may not be permitted.
• To visit St Mark’s Basilica it is necessary to dress appropriately (no shorts or vest or tops) and backpacks are not allowed for safety reasons.
• The gondola ride might be suspended in case of BAD WEATHER. In such cases you are required to go to the tour departure point in order to know whether the tour takes place or not and any alternative ways to use the service.
• Please note that, due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistic problems resulting from it, we cannot guarantee that the whole tour is accessible to people with limited mobility. This means that people with walking difficulties and wheelchair users could not be able to access some parts of the itinerary.
The tour includes:
Skip-the-line access and guided visit to St. Mark’s Basilica
Ticket to visit the Golden Pall
The tour does not include:
What is not specified under "Inclusions"
Photos of this tour
Tour meeting point
From November 1st 2015 to October 31st 2016: Campo San Moisè, in front of Bauer Hotel