Exclusive Santa Maria del Fiore entrance and climb to the top of Brunelleschi’s Dome (Florence Cathedral) with an expert guide! Majestically dominating the city skyline, the terracotta dome of Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore (or Florence Duomo, as it’s more commonly known) is easily Florence’s most iconic attraction.
Duration 2h : 30m
20 participants maximum
Enter and discover the Florence Cathedral with a special entrance ticket (No line). In peak times, the entrance lines can exceed two hours, so by pre-booking your priority entrance tickets, you’ll ensure that you’re spending your time inside this incredible building rather than standing in line! After explaining the history and the curiosities about the church, your guide will lead the way straight up its impressive and beautiful North terrace when you will have an incredible view over Florence. Be prepared for a steep and narrow climb – hard work but most definitely worth it. Now you’re just half way! After the visit of the terrace, you keep going up through the ‘onion layers’, or two shells, of the dome, pass fascinating frescoes from esteemed Renaissance artists like Vasari and Zuccari. Once at the top, enjoy simply incomparable views over Florence and the Tuscan hills. Walk around the dome’s balcony to take photos and soak up the sights, while your guide regales you with tales of Filippo Brunellechi, the talented Renaissance architect who created the dome itself.
NO REFUND WILL BE GRANTED FOR LATE ARRIVALS
- We kindly ask all guests to show up at the meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to tour departure.
- This tour is NOT recommended for pregnant women.
- This tour is NOT wheelchair friendly
- Please do not carry large bags whilst on this tour
- We recommend to wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or the 50% refund of your tickets (no full refund)
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Departure Days: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
Tour Starts 2:30pm
The tour includes:
Professional Touristic Guide service
Cathedral Terrace entrance
The tour does not include:
Photos of this tour
Tour meeting point
Via dei Cimatori, 9R, 50122 Firenze, Italia
About 100 meters to Piazza della Signoria