Visit the monuments of ancient Rome on a 3-hour guided tour, with skip-the-line priority access and with an English-speaking guide. You’ll tour the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill.
30 participants maximum
Accompanied by an expert guide you will be able to go back to the time when gladiators fought with wild beasts in the majestic Colosseum, it will be like living the same atmosphere again, until you will almost hear the screams and cheers of the audience on the stands.
You will also be taken back to the year 753 B.C. and more precisely to the place where, according to the legend, Romulus and Remus founded Rome.
In just three hours you feel like you have gone back to the time of Imperial Rome, you will also manage to hear the voices and sounds of the colourful market, lively and cheerful, on Via dei Fori Imperiali, where you feel like listening to the speeches of Senators before the elections, and to retrace the footsteps of the Vestal Virgins, Soldiers, Ancient Romans and Emperors. All enhanced by fascinating legends, details, curiosities and speculation about the characters that populated the Eternal City for centuries.
Your exciting journey through time will start admiring the Eternal City from the Colle Oppio: a magnificent view is guaranteed. Coming down the hill, the advantage of the Skip-the line-entrance will allow you to enter the archaeological area avoiding exhausting queues.
• Opium Hill viewpoint;
• Arch of Constantine;
• Palatine Hill Archaeological Area;
• Via Sacra (Sacred Way);
• Roman Forum;
• Imperial Forums;
• Trajan’s Column
Total distance: 2 km
Tour duration: 3 hours
Departure time: Every day at 10:00 a.m.
• It is the responsibility of all visitors to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before tour departure. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, and missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded.
• This tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills, and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended. Bring sun protection for your head and eyes in the summertime.
• The tour operator regrets that they are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. They are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on group tours.
• Some of the venues or parts of the venue may be subject to last-minute, unpredictable closures. When this occurs, the tour operator is happy to offer customers an extended tour to deliver the advertised total length of the tour.
• Large bags, backpacks, and suitcases are not permitted in the Colosseum and Roman Forum, and there is no cloakroom to store them in.
• There is no reimbursement in case of bad weather.
The tour includes:
Skip-the line-entrance to the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill
Groups of no more than 20 people
Experienced English speaking guide
Headsets to ensure that you can hear your guide clearly
The tour does not include:
Hotel pick-up and drop off
Anything that is not specified in the "What’s included" section
Photos of this tour
Tour meeting point
Via Ostilia, 29, 00184 Roma, Italia
Via Ostilia, 29 - 00184 Roma
(50 metres from the Colosseum)